Monday, July 7, 2008

Can you have too much stuff?

I accomplished my goal of moving my shelves into my new scrapbook room and getting the bedroom furniture set up in the old one by Friday night, but it seems like everytime I turn around, I find more scrapbook supplies that have been hidden from view so long I'd forgotten about them!

Until the weights and clothes are moved out of the closet in my new scrapbook room, I honestly don't know where I'm going to put everything. It's overwhelming!


Needless to say, I didn't get any scrapping done last week, but while I was moving, I took the time to look through old pages and found this one I made using the Doodle This set on page 94 in the current catalog. My friend's grand daughter was a flower in her school play, and there were so many pictures of her marching to the stage, that I decided to use some of them as the centers for flowers.

She played a red flower in the performance, so I stamped the doodle flower in basic black ink on real red cardstock, cut the flowers out, and layered two of them together for extra petals. Then I used a circle punch to cut out the background and focus on her. The set comes with two different doodle swirls, so I used them to make the stems. I stamped them in basic black first and then colored them with a green galore marker.

This is the last page in a series of pages I did about the performance.

When my husband comes home from work today, we're supposed to swap out the desks in various rooms, and hopefully, by the end of this week. Everything--including the avalanche of scrapbook supplies I've discovered--will have found a new "home."

No comments: