Wednesday, October 1, 2008

3rd Best Ever Double-Page Spread


This is the 3rd double-page spread my Simply Scrappin' Kit Club will make on Sunday. I must say it's one of my favorites because I love the color green, and Kiwi Kiss is really growing on me!


People who scrap with me know most of my layouts are very symmetrical. I like everything balanced and even, but when I saw the Make a Wish sticker and the cock-eyed cupcake on the samples that come with the kit, I just had to use them on a layout. If anyone asks me about it, I'm going to "blame" the crooked cupcake on the candles since I used more on this layout than the others! :-)


Whenever I design the pages for the month, I try to include one set like this to give scrappers with LOTS of photos of one event the chance to collage as many as possible.

And while I love the way Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze look together, I added a small strip of Ridinghood Red under the cardstock sticker strip on each page to make it really stand out.

One of the things I love most about using these Simply Scrappin' Kits is the way they encourage me to move outside my comfort zone and try colors I normally wouldn't think to put together. Now that I've worked with these pages, I know I'll be using Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Ridinghood Red together a lot more while they're In-Colors.

No comments: