Saturday, June 15, 2013

More In-Color Pages


I made these pages Thursday when I crafted with my friend, Deb.  They are CASEd from some birthday pages I found on the internet by Lisa Curcio.  Her pages were made in bright, cheerful colors and had a birthday image in the circle on the left.   I thought the design worked well with our new in-colors and a floral theme, too.


On the left-hand side, I used four-inch strips of Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Strawberry Slush cut from 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock.  They're attached to a 12 x 12 sheet of Baked Brown Sugar.  The circle is cut from Very Vanilla cardstock, and I used my favorite SAB set, Bloomin' Marvelous, for the design.  It's such a versatile set.  I'm so glad to have it in my stash.


The right-hand side has two different types of banners.  I placed pearls at the V on the long strips on the right.  I left the punched banners blank for now in case I can use them for my title.  If I can't, I'll add pearls to them, too.  The circles may end up as spots for pictures, journaling, or a title.

When I first started scrapping, I only made pages to go with my pictures.  Then I took some classes where we made pages first and added the pictures later.  How eye opening!  I could make pages much faster that way and get a lot more scrapping done.  Now I almost always make my pages first.

When I go to retreats, I take all my pre-made pages and pictures and match them up!  I also take extra cardstock and embellishments in case I need to add anything.  It's amazing how many more pages I can get done that way.  At the last retreat, I completes over 20 pages and still had time to play scrapbook bingo, eat lots of good food, and have fun!

No comments: