Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pink Flamingo Layout #1

My best friend and her husband just got back from a cruise to the Bahamas, so I ordered the Pink Flamingo DSP to use in her scrapbook. All I can say is "Wow!" Some of the patterns look like they were cut from the back of Tom Selleck's shirts when he starred on Magnum P.I. !

The flower embellishments are the new Sizzix Embosslits dies. I love how they both emboss and cut out the image for you. So-o-o-o-o simple to use! The three dies that are shown here are SU! exclusive. I layered the SU! Real Red Cherry Blossom die-cuts on top of the Summer Sun Simple Flower ones and alternated them with Tempting Turquoise Flower Burst images. The borders still didn't look "finished" to me, so I punched holes with my retired 1/4 in. circle punch and added them for a little extra pop!

I'm not sure how I ever scrapped without the Stampin' Up Sizzix Top Note die! I added parts of it to each border in Tempting Turquoise so I can add a title when I get Judy's pictures, and she can do a little journaling. I hope she likes the completed pages!

No comments: