Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Getting Ready for GASC

The Great American Scrapbook Convention in Arlington, Texas starts tomorrow, and my first class is at 12:30 pm. That means I'll be getting up S-U-P-E-R early to finish packing and get on the road to join my friend who is driving.

Last year was my first convention, and I found it a little bit overwhelming! Fortunately, I took an awesome class with an SU! demo who helped put me at ease, and I hung out at the SU! booth in the convention center when I had spare time.

This year the convention has banned rolling totes, so I had a hard time deciding what to carry. I ended up ordering a Take it ''To Go!'' Tote from JoAnn's.

The tote came in aqua, hot pink, and olive, but you couldn't pick your color. When mine arrived, it was olive, so I decided to personalize it with SU! stamps and Staz-On ink. I wish I'd taken before pictures, but since I didn't, here are some of my after shots.

This is the front of the bag. According to JoAnn's website, it has "1 large pocket with hook & loop closure(and)4 handy slash pockets."

This is the back of the bag. According to JoAnn's website, it has a "zippered compartment(that)has an assortment of storage pockets and tool loops." I was amazed how much room there was inside this compartment.

Besides the awesome organization this bag provides, another selling point of it was that it has an attached hook for this zippered coin purse. What a great place to hide my "mad money." This is the front with my name on it.

And this is the back.

I hope the bag isn't too uncomfortable to carry around. I looked at bags with padded handles, but they were larger, and I was afraid I'd be too tempted to fill them up. The handles on this bag were made to fit around the handle of a tote the next time I'm going somewhere I can take one with me.

See you after the convention!

No comments: