Sunday, January 25, 2009

Candy Lane Layout #1


This weekend while I was looking for ideas to help me finish up my I Wish Simply Scrappin' Kit pages, I found this layout by nicholejanette on SCS. I hadn't used my new Candy Lane DSP papers, yet, so I decided to see what I could do with them.


The original layout used circles instead of scallops, but I decided to do something different. I also made my own background paper by wheeling So Swirly across my Riding Hood Red ink pad and covering the Pink Pirouette cardstock with it. Then I used the small flower from Flight of the Butterfly and Chocolate Chip ink to add some contrast.


I also matted the Riding Hood Red DSP from the Candy Lane pack with RHR cardstock to separate it from the background and added Chocolate Chip mats for the pictures. This isn't my usual style, but I like the way it turned out and plan to use my Big Shot to cut letters from Chocolate Chip cardstock for my title once my pictures are in place.

No comments: