Monday, January 26, 2009

Candy Lane Layout #2

This layout is also based on a layout by nicholejanette at SCS. I always need birthday pages, and she had a cute layout that used the stamps from last year's SAB. I changed the paper colors, substituting Close to Cocoa cardstock for my background, striped and dotted Candy Lane DSP, Very Vanilla for the paper I stamped, and Riding Hood Red for my mats.

Since the dotted DSP is Pink Pirouette, I stamped the small circle package from my Party Hearty stamp set in Pink Pirouette, one of the party hats in Close to Cocoa, and the party hearty phrase in RHR on the Very Vanilla card stock. For embellishments, I also stamped the cupcake in all three colors, cut them apart, and mixed and matched them so the cupcakes would look like they had icing. I sure wish we had Stampin' Write Markers in the in-colors! I used Stampin' Dimensionals on the cupcakes and on the date label I made with my oval punches.


For embellishments on this side, I used the cupcake and the celebrate you stamps. I stamped celebrate you twice. I punched out the Close to Cocoa version with my 1 3/4 in. punch and the design from the Pink Pirouette version with my 3/4 in. punch and glued them together. Both were attached with Stampin' Dimensionals. I really like how these pages turned out!







2 comments:

emily said...

really love this LO! Love how you used the cupcakes w/the new DSP! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

I love these cupcake pages!!