Tuesday, September 9, 2008

3rd UR Sweet Layout


Some of you who have been scrapping with me awhile may recognize this layout. It's one of my favorites. I found it in a magazine last year when I was at a Death by Chocolate Crop in Arlington and used it for a dog layout I was making to swap. For it, I used a gray background with red, black, and white stripes. I liked it so much that I changed the colors and used it in a layout of my dogs that had a beige background and used burgundy, gold, and navy stripes.

Since the Simply Scrappin' Kits come with textured cardstock, I try to design layouts where the texture can show through, and I thought this layout would be perfect for that. I used one of the cardstock stickers from the kit for the title on the left-hand page and the flower and star stickers to embellish the right-hand one.

And although I don't really use tabs a lot on my pages, they came in the kit and added a nice splash of color against the Basic Gray background.

No comments: